Friday, March 11, 2011

Two shows left!

Last couple of shows have been full and amazing. I think I'm starting to get more people who have come on recommendations. The energy and expectation in the room just seems to be higher, and in turn has made the shows more exciting and energetic.
Tonight's show is sold out too, which takes a bit of the pressure off. As things wrap up here in Adelaide, I'm not feeling sad about leaving as much as I'm feeling excited about coming back next year. Marcel Lucont (a.k.a. Alexis Dubus) and I put on a show for all the fringe staff in the ballroom at the Tuxedo Cat. The place filled up and there were acts from all over the fringe. Marcel hosted on stage, while I co-hosted behind the bar in the back of the room. The show ran three hours, with over 17 acts, but people were up for it the entire time and afterward we danced!
DeAnne and I then rode I bikes home along the river Torrens as the sun came up. It's been nice to spend some time with such a good friend, as we often don't get to hang out this much, even when we were living in Montreal.
Got another good review. Planning to surf on Monday. I realize the only reason more people don't live here is because it's on the other side of the planet.

1 comment:

  1. It's been fantastic having you visit our beautiful Adelaide shores. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed your show.

    Look forward to having you back next time.

    Safe travels
    Cath

    ReplyDelete