Monday, March 7, 2011

Edinburgh Venue Booked

Four more shows to go. 14 shows later I can definitely say I'm comfortable with over an hour. The idea of pushing myself to another hour next year is more exciting than it is daunting.
I found a new place to stay with James and Karen. Two of the most wonderful people on the planet, let alone Australia.
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but these are the folks whom I'm going to go explore Coffin Bay (yes, the place where two great whites shared a guy two weeks ago) once the fringe is over. James and Karen live in a wonderful home just outside of downtown Adelaide. They have a huge back yard with a massive garden where they grow essentially all the vegetables they need along trees that provide olives, peaches, pears, limes, figs, apricots, oranges, mandarins, to name a few. They have chickens back there to provide eggs. There is very little they need to shop for as far as produce, because their back yard is as close to Eden as I've ever seen. If I wasn't going to be traveling all the time for the foreseeable future, I would want a setup exactly like this.
Something I forgot to mention as far as adjusting to things here in Australia, is the roads. I've never been to the UK, so cars coming from the left side of the road still takes some getting used to. After 29 years on this planet, it's hard not to look more on the wrong way of the road as you cross, only to be surprised as a car whizzes from a direction you inherently don't expect. I've got a handle on it now, but the first week I was here, there were some close calls. Hooray for life!
I've booked a venue for Edinburgh! I'll be in a 70 seater at 8pm (great time for a show) at the White Horse. It's a free venue, which means it doesn't cost me anything to book it, and it also doesn't cost anything to get into see my show. I figure, my first time over, I want to keep expenses low, meet some people, and set up something better for next year.
Tonight I'm going to see DeAnne's full show, and as many other ones as I can seeing as it's the last week of the fest.
I'm going to spend tomorrow at an internet cafe and properly dump a bunch of photos up. So you can see some of all this stuff I keep talking about. There are already some up here on facebook if you haven't seen them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment