Saturday, February 19, 2011

See Saw O' Comedy

So last night's show was sold out and a total blast, people came and talked to me after the show, and I was there to greet them (unlike the night before when I bolted from the room and hid). I've been doing this long enough that I know the ups and downs of good and bad shows, but there doesn't seem that there's any method of getting used to it.
Tonight's a big press night, so I've been papering the room, handing out passes, just trying the fill the thing so that there's some laughs present while several people judge my show for use in their publications. I've had some press before, but never directly aimed at a full hour performance. I have to be prepared for everything, but I sure as shit hope one of these Australian press agents likes the thing so I can just put it up on a wall and let the article speak for itself. Because then the next time, someone asks about my act, I can just point to a paper and say, "This is what he/she thought." Which is so much easier than pain of trying to explain to someone how hilarious your show is in a funny way. I have yet to hear a good response from any comedian to the question "You're a comedian? Say something funny." The only answer I can personally think of is "Fuck off." Less funny, but deserved and appropriate. I'm all ears if someone has any better ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment