Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Living, Under Some Jet Planes.

So I'm settled in my new place with friend's of Isla and Andy's. Matt & Mel live directly beside the runway of the Adelaide airport. This is not a complaint. I'll be uploading some footage soon of the planes landing overhead, it's nothing short of amazing.
Just watched 'The Castle', an iconic Australian comedy from 1997. It's absolutely hilarious and full of heart. Incidentally, the whole story surrounds a house which is built right next to an airport, so I watched the film as airplanes were literally soaring overhead and landing 100 metres away. It was the perfect setup to watch the movie.
I have yet to mention this, but I haven't had a cigarette since I've landed here. Not that I was a heavy smoker before, but I do loves me some tobacco. It's been a nice shift to keep off of it. I'm going to go for the whole 4 months if I can, and then see if I can just keep off them completely. I love smoking, but I also want to tell stupid jokes to my grandchildren, and need all the edge of making that a possibility I can get. The price also helps. A pack of cigarettes costs $20-$25, which causes cancer of the wallet.
My first review is in, read it here if you're interested. Four stars. Fuck yeah. To be fair I did ask the reviewer to give me stars, as I've never had any before, but it was their call on how many.
Dropped off my CD cover at the Office Works, so I'll have an album to sell after my shows starting tomorrow. I'm off to go do another 5min set at the mall. It's currently 4:13pm Wednesday for me. If you're reading this from Canada, that means, you are 14 1/2 hours in the past. So far the future looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment